Remove Dark Circles Under Your Eyes With This Natural Home Remedies
Dark circles under the eyes are not considered as a serious skin matter, but they make you look exhausted, tired, unhealthy and older.
Some of the causes of formation of these shadows are heredity, dry skin, aging, prolonged crying, lack of sleep, physical and mental stress, unhealthy diet and long hours working on the computer. By using some home remedies you can easily remove the dark circles under your eyes.
Here are simple remedies, try any of them and use the one that suits you best:
1. Almond Oil
Almonds and almond oil are very helpful for the delicate skin around the eyes. With regular use of almond oil under eyes circles will simply fade away.
- Before you go to bed, put some almond oil on your dark circles and massage gently. Leave it during the night. In the morning rinse it off with cool water. Follow these steps every day as far as dark circles disappear.
Cucumbers have mild astringent and skin-lightening properties which make them perfect for naturally repairing those raccoon eyes. They also have a refreshing and soothing effect.
- Slice the fresh cucumber and chill it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. After that, put the slices on the dark area and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse the area with lukewarm water. Repeat this twice a day for a week’s time.
- Another way is to mix lemon juice with cucumber juice in equal amounts. Apply the mix on the area that is affected. Leave it for 10-15 minutes, after that rinse it off. Follow this remedy every day for one week.
3. Raw Potato
The potato has natural bleaching agents present that can help brighten dark circles and remove the puffiness of the eyes.
- Extract the juice of two grated chilled potatoes. Dip a cotton ball and place it on your closed eyes. Leave it on for 10 -15 minutes. Wash your eyelids with cool water. Follow this once or twice per day for a couple of weeks.
- You can also use potato slices to get rid of dark circles.
Tomatoes like potatoes have bleaching properties and can lighten skin effective.
- Make a mixture of ½ tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of tomato juice. Gently apply the mixture on the affected skin and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. Follow this recipe twice per day for a couple of weeks.
- For better results you can also make a drink of tomato juice plus some lemon juice, mint leaves and salt. Drink it instantly after you make it.
5. Lemon Juice
As we all know lemon juice contains vitamin C, which can also help get rid of the dark circles, due to the skin-lightening properties.
- With a cotton ball apply lemon juice on the skin around your eyes. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes and wash it off. Repeat this once a day for two weeks.
- Another way is to mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of tomato puree and turmeric powder. Apply this firm paste gently on the skin around your eyes. Wash it off with water after 10 -15 minutes. Follow this remedy twice a week.
6. Coconut Oil
Giving a massage with coconut oil can be another effective remedy to remove dark shadows under the eyes. Thanks to its moisturizing properties, coconut oil also develops smooth skin and reduces wrinkles.
- Massage some coconut oil on the skin under the eyes. Let it on for 2-3 hours, and then rinse it off. Follow this two or three times a day for a couple of months or as far as you are fulfilled with the results.