One Simple and Easy Way to Make Coconut Water Kefir
Coconut water kefir is actually fermented coconut water. This healthy beverage is unbelievably rich in probiotics and also contains high amounts of electrolytes, vitamins and minerals. It is a great source of beta carotene, Niacin, Riboflavin, Thiamin, folates, pantothenic acid and vitamins A, C, B6, E and K. The important thing that it is considered better than typical kefir is the fact that it doesn’t have the problematic substances like casein and lactose that regular dairy has. Coconut water kefir is considered to be the most beneficial probiotic drink, because it has the most powerful effect on the digestive system.
Coconut water kefir has so many health benefits and these are some of them:
• Stops sugar cravings
• Aids in digestion
• Strengthens the immune system
• Clears the skin
• Enhances hydration
• More efficient metabolism
• Increases energy
• Destroys pathogenic yeasts
• Improves vision
• Excellent source of dietary minerals like natural sodium, potassium and chloride
• Eases PMS
• Cleanses the endocrine system
Coconut Water Kefir Recipe
You can make coconut water kefir on three different ways:
1. With existing kefir as a starter
2. With a kefir starter culture
3. With kefir grains
This recipe is with kefir grains. You can buy them here. This is more economical method for the grains can be used repeatedly.
• 5 tbsp water kefir grains
• 7 cups of fresh coconut water
• In a half gallon jar, add the coconut water.
• Put the water kefir grains in the jar with coconut water. Cover the jar loosely and leave it sit for 2 days (48 hours not longer) to ferment.
• When fermented, coconut water will be cloudy and lightly. The water kefir grains will rise to the top when they finished culturing. When the fermenting process is complete, remove the grains. They can be used right away for a new batch or they can be stored in water in the refrigerator.