7 Natural Homemade Remedies For Sagging Skin
Along with aging the skin wastes its natural elasticity. Collagen and elastin help your skin to be firm. Aging is a natural process during which the production of collagen and elastin became reduced. Also aging makes the facial muscles lean, which contributes to sagging skin.
Besides aging, skin can also lose its elasticity and firmness because of excessive smoking, excessive exposure to damaging sun rays, regular intake of alcohol, obesity, pregnancy, a poor diet, rapid weight loss, dehydration and use of bad skin care products. Along with saggy skin, you may experience an increase in fine lines and wrinkles as well. The skin may look more translucent and become more sensitive.
Fortunately, there are certain natural home remedies for saggy skin that help tighten skin on the neck, face, arms and breasts.
Below is the list of 7 home remedies for saggy skin:
1. Egg White
Egg whites work as a natural astringent, therefore are good for sagging skin. They contain hydro lipids that help lift the skin.
• Whisk well two egg whites. Apply the mass on the neck and face. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
You can use this remedy twice a week for getting firm, radiant skin.
Lemons contain vitamin C that can boost collagen production. This helps restore elasticity of your skin. Lemon also has astringent properties and helps in reducing wrinkles and other marks of premature aging.
• Squeeze one lemon and apply the juice gently on your neck and face. Let it sit on for 5-10 minutes and then wash your face with cold water.
Repeat this two times a day to get the best moisturizer for your face.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is maybe the best when it comes to tightening and firming loose skin. Aloe Vera gel with its component, malic acid helps increase the elasticity of the skin and eliminate sagging skin. And more, it’s a natural moisturizer for the skin.
• Mix together 1 tbsp. of aloe Vera gel with 1 tsp. of mayonnaise and 1 tsp. of honey. Apply this mixture on your neck and face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash it off firstly with warm water and then with some cold water. Use this remedy once a week.
Cucumber is also a solution for tightening loose and saggy skin. Cucumber is great, natural, skin toner. It has a rejuvenating and refreshing effect on the skin.
• Through a strainer extract the juice of half a cucumber. Apply the juice on your face. Let it dry. Wash it off with cold water. Use this remedy once per day.
• Another option is to combine 1 tbsp. of grated cucumber with 1 tbsp. of plain yogurt. Gently apply this on your face and let it sit on for 10 -15 minutes. Wash it off with water. Repeat this two or three times a week.
5. Oil Massage
Using natural oils for massaging your neck and face can help tighten your skin and keep it smooth and firm. Olive oil is the best choice for this due to its antioxidants, vitamins E and A that holds anti-aging properties.
• Slightly warm a little extra-virgin olive oil. Massage your face gently with the oil for about 10 minutes.
Repeat this once a day before bedtime.
You can also try coconut, grapeseed, almond or jojoba oil to massage the neck, face, arms and legs.
Another great remedy for saggy skin is cinnamon. Cinnamon helps stimulate collagen production, and that is essential for tight, firm skin.
• Mix 1 tsp. of cinnamon powder with 1 tsp. of turmeric powder. Add some olive oil to get a paste. Then put in ½ tsp. of salt or sugar. Gently scrub your neck and face with this paste for a couple of minutes. Rinse your face with warm water.
Use this healthy, natural scrub twice a week.
Honey has natural antioxidant, hydrating, and anti-aging properties which can help in treating sagging skin.
• Mix 2-3 tsp. of honey, a 5-6 drops of lemon juice and 5-6 drops of olive oil. Apply this mixture on your neck and face, let it dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this once or twice a day for best results.
• Another option is to mix 1 tbsp. of honey and 1 tbsp. of sour cream. Then add ½ tsp. of turmeric powder. Leave the mixture on your face for about 15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water and after with some cold water.Apply this face mask once a week.