Homemade Healing Turmeric & Ginger Iced Tea For Your Cells, Heart & Brain
It is very important to make sure that your body is receiving enough liquids and to avoid dehydration.
Dehydration can lead to serious side effects like high blood pressure, increased cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, obesity and even cancer.
Beside hydration, turmeric and ginger iced tea have other unique benefits for the health.
Number one world killer is a heart disease. Turmeric can reverse the progress of heart disease. Curcumin, a compound found in turmeric, improve the function of the blood vessels.
Turmeric is good for the brain health too. Another compound found in turmeric, known as aromatic-turmerone increases the growth of the neural stem cells in the brain. The scientists think that this compound can be helpful for the patients that suffer from Alzheimer’s and the stroke patients to recover the function of the brain.
Gingerols are an oily resin from the root of the ginger and it has powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces the levels of the cholesterol, preventing the bad cholesterol and atherosclerosis.
Ginger is also beneficial for the brain, because it increases the levels of neurotransmitters –chemicals that are used by the brain. They control the ability to focus, to remember, concentrate, sleep and more.
Honey offers numerous health benefits. It improves the brain health, especially in women who suffer from hormone decline during the post-menopause. The high levels of antioxidants, prevent brain cell loss and the cellular damage.
The following recipe contains a small amount of black pepper, which helps the body to use the nutrients found in the ingredients included in the recipe more effectively.
• 4 tsp of dried turmeric (organic)
• 4 tsp of dried ginger (or you can use 2 inches of fresh ginger)
• 1 cup of water for steeping 3 cups for dilution
• ¼ cup honey
• ¾ tsp black pepper
• Place the ginger, turmeric and black pepper in a small saucepan. Then pour 1 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
• Simmer it for a couple of minutes and turn the heat off.
• Add the honey, cover it and let it steep for about one hour. For a stronger concentration you can leave it overnight.
• You can strain the mixture, but you don’t have to.
• You can add 3 cups of water in this mixture and store it in a jar in the refrigerator, or you can make one drink at a time.
• You can also add more water according to your taste.