Dove’s ‘Real’ Beauty Products Are Full With Cancer-Causing Chemicals, Toxic Fragrance and Fake Dyes
Almost every fashion and modern advertising insist on perfection. That perfection is not real, but made us photoshoping every wrinkle on our faces, our bodies, made us to hate our curly, frizzy, thin hair etc.
One brand that had a different campaign, including real women that accepted their natural beauty was Dove.
That’s why we would rather buy cosmetic products that say we are already beautiful, instead products that teach us how to become pretty.
The one thing we didn’t expect from the Dove products is the fact that they are loaded with toxic components.
The Dove brand started in 1957 when was produced “beauty bar” by the Lever Brothers.
Through all the years they promoted inner beauty.
In 1991, the company started to produce shampoos, body lotions, deodorants, cleansers, face and hand care.
In 2005, Dove founded the Dove Self-Esteem Fund to fight eating disorders. They released videos that showed the pressure, which girls have from the press, to have “perfect” bodies.
Nowadays, Dove is the leading cleansing brand with over $2.5 billion U.S. sales for a year, in over 80 countries.
Sadly, the researchers have found many toxic ingredients in Dove’s products.
Deep Moisture Body Wash
The Dove claims that this body wash is:
• Excellent for everyday use
• Dermatologist recommended
• Nourishes deep into the skin
• Gentle, mild formula that soothes the skin
• NutriumMoisture™ is technology that provides natural nutrients
• Smoother and softer skin after one shower
• During the cleanse, maintains the moisture of the skin
But, the list of the real nutrients is this:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Glycinate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Glycine Soya Oil Or Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Fragrance (Perfume), Stearic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium Edta, Dmdm Hydantoin, Methylisothiazolinone, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Citric Acid, Bht.
Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo
This shampoo supposedly provides the following:
• Formulated with Pro-Moisture Complex
• It is suitable for everyday usage
• Makes the hair manageableandsilky
• Protects the hair from daily tear and wear
• Nourishes the hair
• Makes it softer and 5 times smoother than other non-conditioning shampoo
These are the real ingredients inside:
Water (Aqua), Glycol Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium Edta,Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Dmdm Hydantoin, Cocamide Mea, Lysine HCl, Peg-45M, Tea-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Arginine, Peg-9M, Ppg-9, Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (Ci 77019), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140),Red 33 (Ci 17200), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Dove White Beauty Bar
This product hasn’t been changed over the years. The Dove claims that it is:
• Great for everyday use on the face, body and hands
• Does not dry the skin
• Dermatologically tested and recommended
• Classic moisturizing formula
• Contains mild cleansers and ¼ moisturizing cream which moisten the skin
• Makes the skin softer,radiantand smoother
This is the real list of the ingredients:
Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Sodium Tallowate Or Sodium Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cocoate, Tetrasodium Edta, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Tetrasodium Etidronate.
To understand how dangerous these products are, we will provide you a detailed explanation:
Fragrance/Perfume is scientifically checked to increase the risk of skin sensitivities, is the leading cause of dermatitis and it irritates the skin.
Methylisothiazolinone – This chemical can lead to seizures and neurodegenerative disorders.
Sodium Tallowate –is a result from the fatty tissue of cattle, which many vegans don’t know it.
Sodium Laureth Sulfate – Over 16,000 studies have found that long-term exposure of SLS is related to:
• Irritation of the eyes and skin
• Developmental/reproductive toxicity
• Organ toxicity
• Neurotoxicity,ecotoxicology, endocrine disruption, and cellular changes
• Possible mutations and cancer
Tetrasodium Edta – is derived from formaldehyde, that is a carcinogen. It softens the protective skin barrier and opens the way for toxins to enter into the bloodstream.