Delicious Multi-flavored Cheesecake
This is a cake that my daughter simply adores. My whole family loves cheesecake, but this one has really special place in our home. Don’t know if it is for the refreshing taste of the pineapple chunks, tropical flavor of coconut or the nutty flavor of walnuts or maybe all together at the same time, but this cake simply makes you want to eat more.
One more thing that gives this cheesecake a unique flavor is the carrot included in the non cheesy batter. And the creamy cheese, pineapple juice frosting rounds it off so perfectly.
This cake is ideal for almost any occasion, from birthdays to Christmas or just for an everyday family dessert with a cup of coffee.
Try it, you won’t regret it I promise!
• ¾ cup white sugar
• 16 oz. softened cream cheese
• 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 3 egg
• ¾ cup vegetable oil
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 egg
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 dash salt
• 1 carrot grated
• 1 can crushed pineapple (drain well and reserve 1 tbsp juice)
• ½ cup chopped walnuts
• ½ cup coconut flakes
• 1 tsp butter, softened
• 1 ¾ cup powdered sugar
• 2 oz. softened cream cheese
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp butter, softened
Prep: 15 min Cook: 50 min Ready: 65 min
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
2. Cheesecake: in a large bowl, mix 16 oz. cream cheese with ¾ cup sugar until smooth. Then add 1 tbsp. flour, 1 tsp. vanilla and 3 eggs. Mix well and set aside.
3. Carrot cake: In another bowl, mix together vegetable oil, 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Beat in 1 cup flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. At the end fold in carrot, drained pineapple, walnuts and coconut flakes.
4. With 1 tsp. butter, grease a 9 or 9 ½ inch pan. Spread 2 cups carrot cake batter at the bottom of the pan. Then drop large spoons of cream cheese batter on top of the carrot cake batter. Use the remaining batter to repeat this.
5. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the cake is thoroughly cooked. After it is cooled to room temperature, refrigerate it.
6. Frosting: In a small bowl, beat 2 oz. cream cheese, 1 tbsp. butter, reserved pineapple juice, powdered sugar and ½ tsp. vanilla extract until smooth. Frost the cake and put chopped walnuts as decoration. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Bon appetit. Enjoy!