9 Healthiest Nuts and Seeds to Eat For Weight Loss
Seeds and nuts are extremely beneficial for weight loss despite they are high in calories and full of energy. They are also rich in protein and fiber that can keep you full for a longer period of time. These popular snack foods are also packed with essential nutrients, minerals and vitamins that can significantly improve your overall health.
If weight loss is your goal, be careful with the portion sizes because they have high calorie content. You should consume a handful on a daily basis to fight off hunger and get nutritional benefits without taking too many calories.
Health Profile of Seeds and Nuts
Full of protein and fiber
As we already mentioned above, seeds and nuts are packed with essential nutrients, protein and fiber.
The presence of mono and polyunsaturated fats lower the cholesterol levels and boost heart health.
They have large amounts of omega 3 fatty acids which reduce inflammation and improve your brain and hearth health.
Full of Minerals and Vitamins
Seeds and nuts are full of different antioxidants such as selenium, manganese, folate and Vitamin E. These elements protect against cancer and energize the body.
The Best Seeds And Nuts
Try to avoid the consumption of sugar content nuts
These nuts are full of sugar which means have large amounts of calories in their content. You can toast them by yourself under a grill and then season them with some spices and herbs.
Avoid roasted or coated
Roasted or coated nuts are usually unhealthy because they are full of saturated or hydrogenated fats which large amounts of calories.
Opt for unsalted and raw nuts
It is absolutely to opt for unsalted, raw nuts for nutritional value and weight loss. The presence of salt increases the blood pressure and makes them more addictive.
Calorie content of seeds and nuts
Cashew, pistachios, almonds and peanuts contain 160 cal per ounce – they are the lowest in calories.
Pecans, pine nuts, walnuts and brazil have 180 cal per ounce.
Seeds such as sesame, sunflower and pumpkin contain 150-180 cal per ounce so they should be consumed in smaller quantities than nuts.
Here is the list of the healthiest seeds and nuts
• Walnuts – they are full of copper, manganese, omega 3 fatty acids and essential amino acids that keep the blood vessels flexible.
• Sunflower seeds– this seed is rich in phytosterols, magnesium, fibre and linoleic acid.
• Sesame seeds-rich source of phytosterols, mono-saturated fats and Vitamin B1 which inhibit the production of cholesterol.
• Peanuts – they are full of folic acid, antioxidants, flavonoids, mono-unsaturated fats, resveratrol and Vitamin B3 which are thought as powerful anti-aging agents.
• Flaxseed – this seed is rich in manganese, fibre, Vitamin B6, anti-inflammatory properties and omega 3 fatty acids.
• Cashews – rich in phosphorus, mono-unsaturated fats and powerful antioxidants.
• Almonds – these nuts are one of the healthiest full of protein, phosphorus, vitamin B2, copper, magnesium and Vitamin E.
• Pumpkins seeds– Rich in essential fatty acids, vitamin K, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, these seeds help lower cholesterol and are beneficial for arthritis.
What is your opinion about chia seed – is it super food or scam?
This seed is one of the healthiest seeds on the planet full of essential nutrients, minerals, vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids, protein which lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Implement seeds and nuts to your diet ASAP
Sprinkle seeds or nuts on your yogurt, salad, smoothie or cereals.
You can also throw some seeds or nuts on the top of your bread, pasta pudding…
Article source: caloriesecret.net